618 total views, 2 views today
You’ve decided it’s the right time for a website but where do you begin? One of the first steps should be finding the right domain name for your business. An effective website starts at the domain name or the address at which your website will live. Careful consideration should go into this step and we are here to help with some do’s and don’ts of picking a name.
1. When you choose your domain name extension, you can be sure of one thing: “.com” is still the best. While there are many choices and with the exception of a .org for non-profits, a .com address is always your best choice.
2. Stand out from the crowd, creative and brandable domains are always better than generic.
3. Keep it short. According to research from DataGenetics.com, the most common name length is approximately 12 characters.
4. No numbers of hyphens. Your domain name should be smooth and punchy – hyphens and numbers get in the way of that.
5. Before you move forward with a specific domain name, check to see if the name is available on social media sites, as well as if there are any trademarks already registered to the name.
6. Think long-term. Are you ready to marry your domain? You should be because it will be one of the biggest elements that define your business and brand for years.
From domain purchase, hosting, development, and maintenance. Cup O Code will be there each and every step. We are part of IONOS.com‘s partner program and have the resources available to get your project off the ground.
No responses yet