4,004 total views, 2 views today
Finding the help you need to reach your business’s goals has never been easier than it is today. In fact, the rise of remote work has seen a rapid increase in the number of freelancers that are practically “on-call,” ready to help you reach your sales and marketing objectives at the drop of a hat. Here are a few tips to help you grow your business, presented by Cup O Code.
How freelancers can make a difference
Hiring freelancers to take on your business’s sales and marketing functions is one way to boost productivity at a fraction of the cost. But, besides the more apparent cost-saving factor, outsourcing help in these areas has other benefits too, which can include:
- Swift results. Bringing a talented freelancer on board to handle complex sales or marketing tasks is often quicker than sourcing and recruiting appropriately qualified staff yourself.
- Flexible to changes. As we know, businesses can be unpredictable. While some days can be quiet, other days can be so busy that it can feel that there’s not enough help to go around. That’s where outsourcing comes in, providing you with the talent you need to make the most of opportunities as and when they arise, instead of waiting to get all your ducks in a row beforehand.
Not always viable
As convenient as freelancers are, there can also be some disadvantages associated with hiring freelance staff that’s good to be aware of.
- Not always reliable. While freelancers can and do get the job done excellently most times, there is the risk of non-deliverance of work and, in some instances, the deliverance of work can be of substandard quality.
- Long-term stability could be a factor. Because freelancers go from one project to the next, there is a chance that when you call on them again, they won’t be available, which can leave you in a predicament if you have grown accustomed to their quality of work.
The careful selection process
Choosing the right freelancer to oversee and execute what you need, requires a careful selection process to sift through the crowd and reach only the best of the best. Some of the things you can go through to get an idea of the prospective applicant’s capabilities include:
- Do they do what they say they can do?
- Do they have the skill set to meet your project needs? This is important to ensure the job gets done right the first time with as few mistakes as possible.
- Are they resourceful? When hiring a freelancer, resourcefulness is a crucial skill to have to allow them to get on with the job while you get on with yours.
- A like-minded approach. Outsourcing the right person will involve a like-minded approach between both parties to ensure that vision and goals are aligned both ways.
When neither will do
Suppose that neither the full-time nor freelance route appeals to you. What then? And are there options available where you can leverage technology to do the same thing as a web, marketing, or sales professional would? Indeed, there are! There are many apps and online tools available online that can help you grow your business yourself. For example, if you’re interested in designing a logo for your business but don’t want to hire a graphic designer to do the job, use a free logo design tool to create one using pre-made templates. You can even save your design so you can revisit it in the future.
Just starting out?
Staff aside, if you are just starting out, forming a business that is just as flexible as your outsourcing requirements is easy. It’s called an LLC, and it is one of the most popular business types for entrepreneurs that need to set up a business quickly and conveniently. Just make sure that you are up-to-date with the different filing requirements needed in your state, if you are moving any time soon. Again, a formation service can help you with this if using the services of a lawyer seems out of your price range.
The more options, the better
Outsourcing allows you to pool your resources together rather than being limited by your current staffing structure, enabling you to reach your business goals that much quicker.
If you need a new website for your business or you’re looking for a capable agency to handle digital marketing, look no further than Cup O Code. Get in touch by calling (570) 850-8020.
Image via Unsplash